Curry Architects, listed as one of Maryland’s fastest growing companies in the BBJ, has openings for exceptional architecture & design professionals at all levels. Contact us for a career in architecture.
We are a diverse and growing design oriented firm that provides solutions for a wide range of projects including retail, institutional, educational, sports, single and multi-family residential design, hospitality and more ranging from small scale additions to high rise developments in both urban and suburban environments. Our diversity keeps us strong and provides an ever challenging and exciting exploration of architectural design. We are looking for new members to add to our team that are eager to contribute their design talent and technical ability.
REVIT TECHNICIAN/ARCHITECTURAL STAFF (FULL-TIME):
We are seeking a Revit Technician or Architectural Staff to assist with the production of drawing sets for an international branded store. This production entails a unique work experience that requires a certain type of person.
We are looking for someone who:
– Thrives in high pressure situations – experience in food service or similar industries strongly preferred.
– Familiarity with food service – an ability to speak the food service language will make the transition of working for a branded food company much smoother.
– Process-Oriented thinking – create efficiencies in one’s own work to find ways to complete tasks with increased success in less time.
– Ability to make quick, confident, and informed decisions – quick pace of work leads to situations where an ability to find well-informed solutions is critical. Research plays a large role and the ability to troubleshoot and provide potential solutions for discussion is a must.
– Minimum BS degree in Architecture or similar field
– 1-3 years of professional work experience in Revit
– Ability to work in Microsoft Word, InDesign, AutoCAD, and Sketchup
ADMINISTRATIVE & BOOKKEEPING ASSISTANT POSITION
Immediate opening available for an extremely organized, self-starter who is resourceful and can work independently without a lot of supervision or direction beyond the basics. Ability to multi-task and think on your feet. Office hours are from 8:30 until 5:30 pm with a one hour lunch. Candidate must be dressed for business and have a pleasant phone manner. An Associate’s Degree or a minimum 5 years of experience in a professional office environment filling a similar role as described below, is preferred.
Primary Required Skills and Duties
- Answer Phones & Door
- Preparing Fed Ex and USPS packages
- Microsoft Office Proficiency Required (Excel, Outlook, Word, Adobe Acrobat Pro)
- Maintain Office organization, tidiness/appearance, and client office tour readiness.
- Troubleshoot minor IT related issues & Coordination with contracted external Tech Support.
- Schedule vendor presentations and lunches, assist principals in scheduling appointments, and plan office events.
- Assist Staff and Principals with pay applications, meeting minutes, and special projects as needed.
- Understanding of Bookkeeping Practices:
- Support with light bookkeeping which will comprise of less than a third of required duties.
- Working knowledge of Deltek software a definite plus! Firm grasp of QuickBooks, or other industry standard accounting software, is a requirement. Must be tech savvy.
- Set up projects and enter contract data, purchase order information, and project budgets in Deltek software.
- Enter Client/Vendor/Consultant contact information, addresses, etc.
- Entering bills from consultants/vendors (office operating expenses)
- Maintaining customer relationship data
- Provide backup support for client billing and collections, payroll, and other administrative HR functions.
Additional Duties Include the Following Office Tasks
- Office Supply purchasing and inventory/restocking, including all plotter/printer supplies
- Office Maintenance tracking, vendor contracts and proposals, repairs, and coordination with the landlords
- State Licensure and Professional organization Membership coordination
- Filing & Archiving
Bonus Software Skills
- Deltek past experience
Submit Your Resumé
If you would like to submit your resumé to Curry Architects, please complete the form below.
Consider the following before sending:
- Make sure that your resume is well written, organized, and presented, and that it conveys a sense of who you are. Make sure to send images of your original design and or construction documentation work to pique our interest and demonstrate your capabilities. Tell us why you are interested in architecture and what excites you about your work.
- If we proceed to an interview, you MUST show us graphic, digital, photographic or otherwise images of YOUR ORIGINAL work. We are not interested in seeing random details on sheets drawn by others. You need to be able to demonstrate all the skills necessary to succeed as an architect and be a stand out in at least one area such as design, illustration, construction documentation and detailing, project and team management, specifications writing, or contract administration.
- If sending work via email, be careful of the overall file size. Send just enough information to let us know what you are about and what you can do. Save the rest for the interview!
Submit Your Resumé
Please submit cover letter referencing position title, resume and portfolio of your own original work – and if part of a team – please indicate which portions of the work you contributed and/or your specific role(s), in PDF format not to exceed 5MB. No phone calls, please.