Curry Architects, listed as one of Maryland’s fastest growing companies in the BBJ, has openings for exceptional architecture & design professionals at all levels. Contact us for a career in architecture.
We are a diverse and growing design oriented firm that provides solutions for a wide range of projects including retail, institutional, educational, sports, single and multi-family residential design, hospitality and more ranging from small scale additions to high rise developments in both urban and suburban environments. Our diversity keeps us strong and provides an ever challenging and exciting exploration of architectural design. We are looking for new members to add to our team that are eager to contribute their design talent and technical ability.
JUNIOR ARCHITECT FOR FOOD & BEVERAGE PROJECTS
Who We Are Looking For:
The position described above entails a unique work experience that requires a certain type of person. We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Process-Oriented Thinking – Create efficiencies in one’s own work to find ways to complete tasks with increased success in less time.
- Thrives In High Pressure Situations – Experience in restaurant/food service or similar industries preferred.
- Research Based – Research plays a large role. The ability to troubleshoot and provide potential solutions for discussion is a must. Ability to make quick, confident, and informed decisions – quick pace of work leads to situations where an ability to find well-informed solutions is critical.
- Familiarity with F&B and Restaurant Project Types – An ability to speak the food and beverage language will make the transition of working for a branded food and beverage company much smoother.
- 1 year minimum work experience in a professional architecture office
- Minimum BS degree in Architecture or similar field
- 1-3 years of professional work experience in Revit
- Ability to work in Microsoft Word, InDesign, AutoCAD, and Sketchup
Signing Bonus/Salary and Benefits Package:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Up to a $1,000 signing bonus (based on a positive 90 Day Review)
- Potential performance based salary increase (based on a positive 180 Day Review)
- 401(k) with Employer’s Match and Safe Harbor Savings
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage and Paid Time Off
- Full A.R.E. reimbursement, including study material and prep classes, upon successful passing of all sections
- Paid membership in a professional group, organization, society, etc. (based on a positive 90 Day Review)
- Other benefits are available
If you believe that you fit the requirements and personal qualifications, we’d love to talk to you. Please send resume and applicable sample of your work.
Submit Your Resumé
If you would like to submit your resumé to Curry Architects, please complete the form below.
Consider the following before sending:
- Make sure that your resume is well written, organized, and presented, and that it conveys a sense of who you are. Make sure to send images of your original design and or construction documentation work to pique our interest and demonstrate your capabilities. Tell us why you are interested in architecture and what excites you about your work.
- If we proceed to an interview, you MUST show us graphic, digital, photographic or otherwise images of YOUR ORIGINAL work. We are not interested in seeing random details on sheets drawn by others. You need to be able to demonstrate all the skills necessary to succeed as an architect and be a stand out in at least one area such as design, illustration, construction documentation and detailing, project and team management, specifications writing, or contract administration.
- If sending work via email, be careful of the overall file size. Send just enough information to let us know what you are about and what you can do. Save the rest for the interview!
Submit Your Resumé
Please submit cover letter referencing position title, resume and portfolio of your own original work – and if part of a team – please indicate which portions of the work you contributed and/or your specific role(s), in PDF format not to exceed 5MB. No phone calls, please.