Curry Architects is a diverse design-oriented firm that provides solutions for a wide range of projects including retail, institutional, educational, sports, single and multi-family residential design, hospitality and more ranging from small scale additions to high rise developments in both urban and suburban environments. Our diversity keeps us strong and provides an ever challenging and exciting exploration of architectural design.
Project Manager Architect
We seek an experienced Project Manager to help lead a team on a wide range of project types. We are interested in hearing from driven individuals with leadership skills, 8+ years of multi-family residential, mixed-use, and commercial experience in an architecture firm, and proficiency in Revit.
The Project Manager works independently supervising staff and workflow for projects of various sizes. The Project Manager is the primary client contact for project work. This position is responsible for the external and internal communications for projects and manages the work effort and project deliverables. This position manages project resources in a manner that provides a high level of client satisfaction and achieves the firm’s goals of quality design and service, cost management, and timely delivery.
As Project Manager, you will:
- Participate in all phases of design (schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration);
- Meet with clients and potential clients, demonstrating a high level of professionalism;
- Lead or participate in presentations that communicate design concepts;
- Collaborate with a team of architects and designers in developing and generating design solutions that can be technically implemented within the constraints of the project goals, budgets and within local ordinances and codes;
- Take project lead responsibility for a group of architects and designers, providing motivation throughout the team’s sequence of tasks in order to meet milestones;
- Prepare design/construction documents and other deliverables;
- Supervise the preparation of and check the accuracy of construction documents;
- Oversee and manage project schedules and budgets, monitoring all phases of project design to minimize rework;
- Review and approve all work performed under your supervision, ensuring compliance with codes, zoning, and standards;
- Apply skills to minimize risks and seek means to improve efficiencies and reduce costs;
- Make independent decisions on architectural problems and methods;
- Demonstrate a high degree of competency, capability, and architectural experience;
- All other duties as assigned by the Partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited university
- 8 years or greater experience
- Prior experience with the preparation of construction documents on a series of large, technically sophisticated projects
- Involvement as the architect’s construction phase representative
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office
- Professional registration of licensure is a plus.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume & salary requirements to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Architect Level 2
Five or more years of solid arch. office based experience, licensed/unlicensed architect with diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices, uses advanced techniques, and has responsibility for finished plans, specifications, and material approval.
This position is accountable for producing the following result:
To efficiently and effectively oversee and produce accurate and clear construction/design documents under the guidance of a Project Manager. To work with the PM in order to create project designs that provide the best combination of form and function which meets the client’s program, design direction, and budgetary needs. To assist the Project Manager to keep the project on schedule and on budget. To develop and maintain a good working relationship with vendors and consultants. To learn and grow within the profession and to seek improvement of one’s knowledge base for the betterment of themselves and Curry Architects. Proficiency in the fundamentals of Building Code/Life Safety, Construction Detailing, and producing Construction Documents in REVIT is crucial.
Please send resume and examples of your work – clearly indicating which portions of the work was produced exclusively by you or as part of a team (and at what phase and/or specific elements).
Send to: Nestor@CurryArchitects.com
Submit Your Resumé
If you would like to submit your resumé to Curry Architects, please complete the form below.
Consider the following before sending:
- Make sure that your resume is well written, organized, and presented, and that it conveys a sense of who you are. Make sure to send images of your original design and or construction documentation work to pique our interest and demonstrate your capabilities. Tell us why you are interested in architecture and what excites you about your work.
- If we proceed to an interview, you MUST show us graphic, digital, photographic or otherwise images of YOUR ORIGINAL work. We are not interested in seeing random details on sheets drawn by others. You need to be able to demonstrate all the skills necessary to succeed as an architect and be a stand out in at least one area such as design, illustration, construction documentation and detailing, project and team management, specifications writing, or contract administration.
- If sending work via email, be careful of the overall file size. Send just enough information to let us know what you are about and what you can do. Save the rest for the interview!
Submit Your Resumé
Please submit cover letter referencing position title, resume and portfolio of your own original work – and if part of a team – please indicate which portions of the work you contributed and/or your specific role(s), in PDF format not to exceed 5MB. No phone calls, please.