Curry Architects is honored to work with the Pearlstone Center in envisioning their next phases of expansion and renovation to their diverse campus. These conceptual designs provide a cohesive architectural plan to ensure that all materials, proportions and aesthetic styles are cohesive across this campus-wide initiative.
Project areas currently include the following:
- A new Farm Center and Greenhouse that will build upon Pearlstone’s existing programs that engage the community in sustainable growing practices. The Farm Center and Greenhouse design accommodates 6,000 square feet with room to expand to 10,000 square feet for future growth. This complex will house a demonstration kitchen, offices, classrooms and work areas, potting area and greenhouse.
- Conversion of existing open-air pavilions into new Bunkhouses for a cabin-like experience in the wooded acres of the Pearlstone Center. Each cluster of Bunkhouses will have a kitchen and bathhouse amenities.
- A 13,000-square-foot Reception Hall for weddings and life events that will include an open, flexible venue in the style of a rustic carriage house to provide a neutral yet classic backdrop to showcase a variety of event types. Amenities will include a commercial grade kosher kitchen. The venue will have adjacent outdoor areas to maximize use during fair weather months.
- Renovations to the community center and retreat house that will include a covered connecting bridge between the two facilities, called Crossroads, that will provide an overlook across the countryside, and outdoor patio for small event during fair weather months.
- A new outdoor Amphitheatre oriented into the landscape with sweeping views of the property is planned to have a fully equipped stage with sound system and lighting.
Pearlstone has been continually listed as one of the most innovative Jewish organizations in North America. It’s mission as a “center for living Judaism” provides a place for connection to faith and culture as well as fostering a strong connection to the earth and sustainability practices. Presently, Pearlstone services over 20,000 people through their diverse programs and retreats. Curry Architects looks forward to being a part of Pearlstone’s continued growth and service to the community through thoughtfully planned, state-of-the-art facilities.